The School of Theatre at Florida State was recognized in a recent article by Playbill as one of the top 10 schools in the country based on current representation of alumni on Broadway. The article was part of Playbill.com’s Back to School Week and highlighted numerous FSU Alums who are currently performing on Broadway. FSU was ranked ninth among all universities and fourth among public universities to make the list!
As part of Playbill’s Back to School week (#BwayBacktoSchool), we have combined past Schools of the Stars features that track where members of the casts and creative teams of each Broadway show went to college, along with a bit of added research, to present the ten colleges currently most represented on Broadway (plus a few honorable mentions). This list represents not only Broadway shows that are currently open, but a few shows that have announced casting for the 2017-2018 season.
The list includes:
• Tiffany Evariste (Aladdin)
• Leslie Donna Flesner (Hello, Dolly!)
• Stephen Christopher Anthony (The Book of Mormon)
• Christian Delcroix (The Book of Mormon)
• Hardy Weaver (The Book of Mormon)
• Amanda LaMotte (Hello, Dolly!)
• Justin Bowen (Hello, Dolly!)
• Greg Mills (Phantom of the Opera)
• Harris Milgrim (Cats)
• Francesca Granell (Cats)
• Morgan Rose (School of Rock)
• Michael Fatica (Groundhog’s Day)
• Christiani Pitts (A Bronx Tale)
As one of the top-tier theatre training programs in the nation, the School of Theatre at Florida State provides its students with a wide variety of theatrical and educational opportunities. The primary mission of the School of Theatre is to offer students a comprehensive education in theatre and to prepare emerging artists to enter the professional theatre industry. As a result, the School of Theatre provides both student artists and community audience members a diverse array of productions that explore the spectrum of our shared humanity.